[XML-SIG] WSDL library ?

> It looks as if you should have made it to SPAM10 for the Web services panel.
>> You would have been the only one with any decent amount of good things to say
>> about SOAP  ;-)    (01)

Budgets prevented it; I was invited (twice :).    (02)

> Pretty scary when I'd be more comfortable pointing people to a hack like
>> XML-RPC than I would be pointing people to SOAP.    (03)

What's wrong with SOAP?  I like it because:
	- Supports more than just sender-receiver; e.g., intermediates.
	- SOAP with Attachments
	- Ability to send XML
	- Richer data types
	- href/id handles pointer aliasing
	- href allows (transparent!) refs to network data
	- extensible architecture (header elements)
	- reasonable size to implement    (04)

I don't like XML-RPC because it doesn't have the above. :)    (05)

> This also seems to be emerging consensus, in the several communities in which
>> I'm involved.  Besides the ever enthusiastic giants, and the pretenders like
>> IONA, SOAP is losing its shine at an amazing pace.    (06)

Not from where I sit.    (07)

> Good riddance.    (08)

Why?  What do you not like about it?
	/r$    (09)

--
Zolera Systems, http://www.zolera.com
Information Integrity, XML Security    (010)