[XML-SIG] WSDL library ?

Wow. Way to make a wandering webservice journeyman feel like he has *no* clue
at all which path to take from here...;-). I used to think I was getting the
hand of this, and now I see I'm way off. So what's a newbie to do? SOAP sucks
(seems to be the consensus), RPC just can't seem to get it right, CORBA
should get more attention (but it probably won't, because everyone is
starry-eyed about SOAP), and distributed computing as a whole has a very
varied "distribution" of opinion of what the hell it should be. And now I
guess interop is a facade, too.    (01)

I'm seeing this in other areas of the "XML metaworld" as well; XSLT is being
abused, DTDs need to disappear, XSchema is too complex, and we have XQL...no,
I mean XQuery...I mean..., etc. etc.    (02)

I remember someone saying that XML would simplify information management.    (03)

Personally, I'm trying to design a distributed architecture using Python,
XML, and Web services to manage large and diverse amounts of local community
information. Honestly, I don't want to have to think about the inefficiencies
of HTTP, the bloat of SOAP, and the pros and cons of different XML payload
delivery schemes. All I really hope to provide is a way, for instance, that a
homeless person can keep track of possible job opportunities and somehow be
notified wherever they are when a reply is sent.    (04)

Much of my framework sits atop Zope, with lots of glue binding things like
4Suite, Jabber, and PostgreSQL. XML-RPC seemed like a way to go, with a move
towards SOAP once it settles a bit. It seems to me that like most
technologies, XML & Web service standards are going to go through a long and
tough time of growing pains. With groups like Microsoft, IBM, and Activestate
touting SOAP, UDDI, and WSDL, I thought maybe I avoided the maturation
process. Now I think differently.    (05)

Whatever happens, I hope both Python, and us, the Python community, can
continue to stay ahead and work together to further deliberative and openly
participatory design projects.    (06)

Regards,    (07)

Eron Lloyd    (08)