[XML-SIG] SOAP Skepticism

> > We have to acknowledge the world as it is and not as we would like it=
>> > be. That's why I've started a service description language for servic=
es
>> > based on XML+HTTP.
>> =    (01)

> IMHO, static descriptions of message formats (i.e. services schemas) ar=
>> good. I always liked programming by contract, which, if you are to do
>> checking, doesn't stop halfway as types and method signatures do. I'll =
go
>> read it.    (02)

Absolutely.  Types as used in most languages, databases, etc, are just =    (03)

apalling hacks in place of proper programming by contract.  And it's not =
as if =    (04)

it hasn't been proven that PBC can work practically (you don't really nee=
d a =    (05)

mathematical proof of correctness for each function: just the primitives =
to =    (06)

meet the 80/20 rule).    (07)

Fourthought, Inc.                         http://Fourthought.com =    (09)

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management    (010)