[XML-SIG] WSDL library ?

> Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com> writes:
>>
>> > I would be horrified if a marshaller took a complex data structure
>> > of mine, chased down all pointers it contained and proceeded to
>> > marshal the end-points, merrily inventing it's own little analogue
>> > of my heap in the message payload.  Sounds like a recipe for nasty
>> > surprises, not least in the area of performance.
>>
>> In older approaches to the same problem (like OSF/RPC), it actually is
>> surprisingly and non-obvious. In CORBA, this is really type-safe: You
>> declare, in IDL, what fields to follow, and those fields must then be
>> of an IDL-declared type again. That will normally give you a quite
>> regular data structure, and by no means "pull out" the entire object
>> graph that you may have on the client.    (01)

Agreed.  This is why SOAP's multi-reference types seem to me to be either
quite useless or quite dangerous, depending on how each language buinding
would put them into play.    (02)

Either you have to specify by hand what gets roped into multi-ref, in which
case, it seems useless (I can do that just as well, and more precisely, by
hand in the code)    (03)

Or the implementation automatically sucks all referenced objects into the
result, which seems a frightening thought, as I've noted.    (04)

Again, what I can imagine needing is covered by CORBA.    (05)

--
4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management    (06)