[XML-SIG] WSDL library ?

paul wrote:    (01)

> When I say RPC I mean Remote Procedure Call, which means that it is a
>> form of networking that treats network interactions as procedure calls
>> in a programming language. In my experience, the more you try to do
>> networking as "procedure calls" the more problems you have with scale.    (02)

> On the other hand, for ease of use, RPC can't be beat.    (03)

I'm not sure I agree, based on recent experiences from a large REST-
based system -- given the right tools, writing a thin interface layer for
a REST-style protocol is not much harder than writing a bunch of XML-
RPC calls.    (04)

(well, I guess you could save some time if you use something like xmlrpclib,
and don't have to write any documentation or test cases, ... but compared
to SOAP+WSDL, REST+simple tools is far easier to use -- at least for people
with small brains, like me ;-)    (05)

> Many people agree with me thus far. I happen to be among a small
>> minority that thinks that the logical endpoint of this is:
>>
>> stock = http.GET("http://www.stocks.com/%(stockquote)s/%(some_date)s")    (06)

well, if it's any help, I know you're right.    (07)

</F>    (08)