From Eugene Eric Kim
Next Agenda, Mayacamas Ranch:
- Interoperability Between Collaborative Knowledge Applications (August 6, 2002)
- At Extreme Markup Languages 2002 in Montreal, Quebec, G. Ken Holman presented my paper (PDF) on graph-based data models for representing hyperdocuments and enabling interoperability between knowledge applications.
- Teamsphere Case Study: Behind the Numbers (June 11-12, 2002)
- Discussed the results from my paper, "Rearchitecting a Software Platform: A Beginner's Case Study" (PDF) at Hypertext 2002 Workshop on Facilitated Hypertext in College Park, Maryland.
- An Epistemological Introduction to the Open Hyperdocument System (January 24, 2002)
- An introduction to the Open Hyperdocument System via Doug Engelbart's underlying epistemology -- his conceptual notions of "knowledge," "links," "documents," and so forth. Presented at the Computers and Philosophy 2002 conference in Corvallis, OR. (video) (slides)
- Purple Numbers: What, Why, and How (October 25, 2001)
- Presentation on "purple numbers" for Bootstrap Alliance volunteers at Mei Lin Fung's house in Palo Alto, California. (slides)
- Software Patents, Licenses, Open/Closed Source
- Legal Issues Important To You (June 26, 2001)
- Participated on a panel discussion at the Embedded Linux Expo & Conference in San Jose, California.
- OHS Launch Community: An Introduction (June 14, 2001)
- Introduced the charter and structure of the new OHS Launch Community at SRI in Menlo Park, California. (slides)
- Collaboration and Cooperation in Open Source (April 18, 2001)
- Participated on a panel discussion at the Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy (BRIE) and Open Source Development Network (OSDN) Symposium, "Rethinking Business in Light of Open Source" in San Francisco, California.
- OHS/DKR: Proposed Plan of Action (March 30, 2000)
- An early organizational proposal for building the Open Hyperdocument System, presented at SRI in Menlo Park, California. (slides)
- The Fall and Rise of Free Software (October 2, 1999)
- Delivered a lecture describing the early history of free and commercial software, and discussing why free software is such a popular topic today. Presented at Vintage Computer Festival 3.0 in Santa Clara, California. (slides)
- Progress Report on Apache (June 30, 1999)
- Moderated panel discussion at the Ziff-Davis Open Source Forum in Austin, Texas.
- Programmers Wanted: From the Inside Out (May 11, 1999)
- Moderated panel discussion at the Software Development West conference in San Francisco, California.
- Keeping Linux Unified: To Fork or Not to Fork (March 3, 1999)
- Participated on panel discussion on forking open source software at LinuxWorld in San Jose, California.
- Y2K: The Armageddon of Business? (January 31, 1999)
- Moderated panel discussion for the Outdoor Retailers Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Open Source in Business (November 19, 1998)
- Moderated panel discussion for Stanford BASES in Palo Alto, California.
- COM versus CORBA (April 18, 1998)
- Moderated debate between Roger Sessions and Andreas Vogel, sponsored by Computer Literacy Bookstores in San Jose, California.
- Programming Skills
- Preparing for Tomorrow (February 10, 1998)
- Moderated panel discussion on software careers for the Software Development West conference in San Francisco, California.
- Workplace Transitions: From Classrooms to Careers (October 1, 1997)
- Moderated panel discussion on software careers for the Software Development East conference in Washington, D.C.
- CGI Programming (May 9, 13, 1996)
- A mini-seminar on CGI programming for the Harvard Computer Society. (slides)
- Taking Advantage of the 'Net (November 16, 1995)
- Presented at the Harvard Internet Fair. A seminar targeting organizations (especially student organizations). Discussed strategies and tools to best take advantage of the Internet. (slides)
- Publishing on the World Wide Web at Harvard (October 24, 1995)
- Presented at the ABCD WWW SIG meeting. Introduced basic strategies and tools for starting and maintaining a World Wide Web site at Harvard. (slides)