Olympus OM-D E-M5
I have an Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II.
- A. AF.MF > MF Assist > Peaking > On
- B. Button/Dial/Lever > Dial Direction > Exposure > Dial2
- D. Disp/Sound/PC > Control Settings > P/A/S/M > Live Control > Unchecked
- D. Disp/Sound/PC > Control Settings > P/A/S/M > Live SCP > Checked
- D. Disp/Sound/PC > Backlist LCD > 8sec
- D. Disp/Sound/PC > Sound > Off
- K. Utility > Touch Screen Settings > Off
- K. Utility > Quick Sleep Mode > On > Backlit LCD > 3sec
- K. Utility > Quick Sleep Mode > On > Sleep > 1min
To take a photo while shooting video, you must set your video mode to FHD (F) — MOV 1920x1080 Fine 30p, which is lower quality. Photos will be snapped in cropped mode and a lower resolution (3200x1800).
- Panasonic 25mm f1.4. My primary lens. Has some purple fringing issues.
- Olympus 75mm f1.8
- Olympus 12-40mm f2.8
I have B+W Clear UV Haze filters for all my lenses.
I have two 58mm B+W ND filters with step-up filters for my other lenses:
I may get a 58mm CPL filter.
I also have the included FL-LM2 flash. I have a Demb Pop-Up Flip-It! Basic reflector and diffusor, but it doesn't quite fit the FL-LM2 correctly.
Tips on flash:
Metz, Yonguo, other options, oh my!
- Metz 44 AF-1 with Olympus OM-D E-M5 - does bounce flash work with TTL?
- External Flash for OM-D - Metz 58 AF 2, Metz 52 AF 1, or FL600R
- Triggers for OM-D
I have the BlackRapid Metro camera strap. In theory, the Snapr 35 would have been perfect, but it was not well-reviewed. I played with a hand strap, but it got in the way, so I'm going without. If I get one, I'd probably get the BlackRapid wrist strap to maintain a modular system.
Peak Design's Leash and Cuff looks like an interesting alternative to the BlackRapid, but I'm not ready to change yet.
I've got a generic padded insert, which holds the body and a few lenses, and which I can use in any of my bags.
- November 20, 2017 — Sent my camera in for repair, but it was too old, so they sent me a reconditioned Mark II instead
- February 27, 2013 — Got an Olympus OM-D E-M5